Tips when booking a villa holiday
The perfect villa holiday is not just about choosing the right villa, consider these tips when booking your next villa holiday…
- Be realistic about how isolated you want to be. If you wish to be in complete privacy, then know that these villas tend to stand on their own with not a lot around for miles. Just think, are you willing to drive 15 minutes every time you need something from the shop?
- Booking a last-minute holiday isn’t necessarily a good idea. The best villas always get booked up early and if you leave it until just a few weeks ahead you may get a reduction in price, but you may have to settle for a less-than-perfect house.
- Do consider locations other than what Google tells you. Speak to our knowledgeable team who can recommend other areas that are just as picturesque with far fewer visitors.
- If you’re travelling with a large group or a multi-generational holiday, don’t underestimate the amount of space you require. Consider villas with bedrooms or living spaces spread between more than one building as it can take the pressure off.
- Always plan ahead. Ask about the additional services available which can make your first-day stress-free. We offer a shopping service so you can arrive with a full fridge and not have to worry about food shopping – trust us after a long journey (especially with the kids) this can be a godsend.
- It’s important to check your flights before booking a villa. Be sure to check if flights operate on the day you wish to travel and take consideration of the prices. Budget flight routes also change year to year.
- Ensure you’re booking your villa through a reputable company. Do your research and look for the logo – We are bonded by ABTA which offers our clients security and protection.
- If you want to be within walking distance to the beach, be aware that it means higher rental prices. Being just a 15-minute drive from the coast can cut costs down considerably.
If you're thinking about booking a villa holiday, get in touch with us here and we'll be more than happy to help you!